Lethality Compendium/Socratic Circle

Home Forums Community Class Discussion Lethality Compendium/Socratic Circle

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Mos Mos 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dack
    Dack

This will be our discussion over lethality specialized snipers.

Oba

Dont care…

sang
    sang
    Keymaster

Cull = Good. I’m only 26 and don’t have it. 🙁

Sangz - Sang - Sanglol - Sanglul

Dack
    Dack

This is the Sniper Compendium for Lethality discussion, theory, and testing for the betterment of our DPS as a guild and to help the community as a whole. This will eventually serve as the staple forum for sniper theorycrafting within the Star Wars: The Old Republic community.

WORK IN PROGRESS

Table of Contents

I. Abilities
    IX. Tools

I. Abilities

Skill Set

Stat Priorities

400+ Crit rating Motto: “Hit it and Crit it!”

Serious Business Test

IX. Tools

Critical Rating vs. Power program link:
    Critical Rating vs. Power Optimization
    You must also download Turning:
    Turing

I will make a tutorial here, but first will be teaching you on a one on one basis before doing so.

Mos
    Mos

Needs a bigger font and some additional redundancy. Also, I’m 27 and I don’t have Cull… supwiddat?

Mostra | Ko-hee | Vhils

Parabole
    Parabole
    Spectator

“This will eventually serve as the staple forum for sniper theorycrafting within the Star Wars: The Old Republic community.”

Heh, have you been to mmomechanics, the swtor forum?

Dack
    Dack

“This will eventually serve as the staple forum for sniper theorycrafting within the Star Wars: The Old Republic community.”

Heh, have you been to mmomechanics, the swtor forum?

Yeah, I’m a contributor and mod of the MMO-Mechanics sniper/gunslinger sub forum. I’m working on continuing the compendiun that is currently being used for lethality in that forum (the creator stopped playing SW:TOR) but am having to learn HTML to do so.

The idea is that although sites like MMO-Mechanics and Elitist Jerks serve well as a public forum for all kinds of people to show up they sort of have a tragedy of the commons issue. There’s always new people coming in and there’s no central power that has authority to really speak and be trusted.
    Whether I’m a contributor or a mod, or just some random guy there’s no real reason for someone to trust that I feel 400 crit rating is too much for Lethality snipers. Whether I say I’m part of the top progression guild in the game or not it doesn’t mean anything to people because we’re all strays from anywhere and there’s no way to tell who I really am or if I know what I’m talking about without having to sift through parse after parse and see what my DPS is and if it’s consistent in operations.

This is why I believe people flock to Noxxic.com so much. The place looks nice and hey, there’s only one strat so it must be the best. There’s no discussion or challenge to that one set up so it looks more complete. (The site also looks much more aesthetically pleasing)

Having a single guild’s forum become a forum of theorycrafting however is completely different. Let’s say we’re where the old CKN was, top of the world, and let’s say we have a theorycrafting forum where each other our members post what they do and why they do it. Each one of our posts has weight to it because we are the best and the guild wouldn’t allow shitty strategies or set ups that don’t work to be posted to the forum. We can show people who we are and there is a legitimate success in the words we type. That right there will assure people that we know what we’re talking about and build trust. Trust = views and a better, more educated community as a whole.
    That’s why this forum has the potential to become the top theorycrafting center in the SW:TOR community.

Mos
    Mos

I used to read the EJ paladin threads pretty religiously. There certainly were three major contributors/mods and it was expected that they have the maths to back up all theory. As such, spreadsheets were always made available and those were subsequently broken down by the community and equations/assumptions questioned and repaired. Redcape’s spreadsheets stood the test of time and others at EJ used his maths to craft rotations and gearing guides. So, I feel your characterization of EJ is a bit off base.

That said, I’d love to read SW:TOR theory and I completely agree that the forums have as much bad information as good; and nobody to cull the bad/consolidate the good. Noxxic provides decent information within a few clicks. “What mods should I use? Noxxic will tell me within 30 seconds.” People will always use Noxxic, but there are definitely folks who want to understand the whys and hows. I say do it up, Dack… and bigger fonts = better fonts.

Mostra | Ko-hee | Vhils

Bosch
    Bosch

I have no idea how to play a sniper, wheres the content

Mos
    Mos

I have no idea how to play a sniper, wheres the content

Phase 1: Abilities
    Phase 2: ?
    Phase 3: Loot

Mostra | Ko-hee | Vhils

Bosch
    Bosch

Phase 2 is masturbation

Sohoshopper
    Sohoshopper
    Participant

Just got my mox working again and switched back to mm. I’d like to see how I parse while getting to know the fights more before reconsidering leth or leth/eng again. I raided with you guys using leth/eng and had trouble managing my energy. I haven’t tried full leth, but given what I know about it, seems to be a vastly different play style than mm (ie. I tend not be as good playing specs that spread seed).

Agree re noxxic. Checked it out and had a few issues with the info. If you guys are going to get into some theory crafting, I’d be most interested in reading about optimizing stats, since rotation priority for any spec is kind of a given.

Parabole
    Parabole
    Spectator

noxxic is crap, gives the same recommended stat distribution for every class. Lethality needs a good crit rating since you regen energy through crits from cull etc. MM is totally viable in end game, it just requirs more skill then lethality. I say give er! Just have to get the rotations down, be pressing your ambush when SoS is still channeling type thaang

Oba

Just got my mox working again and switched back to mm. I’d like to see how I parse while getting to know the fights more before reconsidering leth or leth/eng again. I raided with you guys using leth/eng and had trouble managing my energy. I haven’t tried full leth, but given what I know about it, seems to be a vastly different play style than mm (ie. I tend not be as good playing specs that spread seed).

Agree re noxxic. Checked it out and had a few issues with the info. If you guys are going to get into some theory crafting, I’d be most interested in reading about optimizing stats, since rotation priority for any spec is kind of a given.

if you would like soho i can give you my spec and roation and gearing stats it works very well not full 63’s and still coming out on top

Mos
    Mos

noxxic is crap, gives the same recommended stat distribution for every class. Lethality needs a good crit rating since you regen energy through crits from cull etc. MM is totally viable in end game, it just requirs more skill then lethality. I say give er! Just have to get the rotations down, be pressing your ambush when SoS is still channeling type thaang

Tru dat. For the pure DPS classes, it seems there are multiple viable endgame specs. I think dismissing MM or Anni is silly. If you play Lethality like a champ, then keep rockin’. If you like MM best and it makes you want to log in and play, then do it. If the output is in the same ballpark, who cares? Part of having successful raids is having people log in and wanting to be there. I’m a huge proponent of letting people play what they like as long as it’s not borderline retarded (e.g., DPS Op). Hell, I know a merc who can parse better as Pyro than most can at Arsenal (though he’s beast at Arsenal). Have fun. Experiment. Most importantly, log in and kill stuff.

Mostra | Ko-hee | Vhils

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.